Start your own urban micro-farm at home and harvest your first crop of wholesome, nutritious sprouts in less than one week. Each kit includes a reusable glass mason jar, a stainless steel mesh screen for easy rinsing and draining, food-safe plastic lid/ring, detailed instructions, a sprouting chart timeline, and 5 varieties of certified organic seeds. Organic seed varieties include alfalfa, red clover, adzuki, crimson lentils, and mung beans. Enjoy the freshest sprouts right on your counter top all year round.
For the dedicated grower who wants to have several varieties sprouting at the same time, we also have a jar/lid combination pack which includes 5 plastic rings and 5 stainless steel mesh lids to allow you to keep grow a constant flow of sprouts. Enjoy fresh, living foods into your diet with the Fungaea at-home sprouting kit.
Each SproutKit comes with a starter pack of 5 different seed vareities, each with their own unique colour and taste.
- Adzuki sprouts are a crisp and crunchy 3-5 day sprout. The beautiful red beans are commonly used for short sprouts. They are rich in protein, amino acids, iron, niacin, and calcium.
- Alfalfa sprouts have a fresh and mild flavor while packing in a lot of nutrition. Ready in 4-5 days, they have a great crunchy texture that is great in sandwiches and salads.
- Red Clover sprouts are similar to alfalfa but even easier to grow with a mild and sweet flavour. They are rich in vitamins A, B, C, E, and K.
- Crimson Lentils are one of the fastest sprouts, ready in 2-3 days. These salmon coloured seeds make a great addition to soups, salads, baked goods and even trail mixes.
- Mung Beans are often known as Chinese bean sprouts. Short sprouts are ready in 2-3 days while longer shoots are ready in 6-7 days. They should be grown in the dark to prevent bitterness.